Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Thank Goodness For Friends...

...because after the last couple of days that I've had, I don't think I would be able to think straight without their support. As some of you may know, I learned this week that my ex-boyfriend, SW, is dating one of the college girls I work with. Now, if this were some new thing, something casual, I don't think I would be too upset, but that's not the case. The following things bother me:

-She's 22. He's 32.
-She's still in college.
-She works with me -- you know, the ex of two years.
-She's already met his parents.
-They've been going out for "several" months. Hell, we only broke up five months ago.

At least she's cute. My good friend KA did some Facebook stalking for me and found an obnoxious quote on her page from the ex. Funny thing is...he hates Facebook, MySpace, any of that stuff, and thinks it's immature and stupid. Glad dating a college girl is not immature and stupid?

After sending a mass panic e-mail after this realization to many of my friends, I have received great advice and encouragement. Most agree that he's either doing this to get back at me, needs a bigger social circle, or is just a jerk. Perhaps it's all of the above.

The best part is KA's dad says he ran into a co-worker of mine (KA and I used to work together) who said he wanted to say hi to KA and me when we saw him out a couple weeks ago, but he couldn't say hi because SW was with him and that would make things all akward because SW doesn't want to have contact with me. Mature.

Sometimes relationships suck. On the other hand, I have some new prospects I must fill you all in on.

No comments: