Thursday, February 22, 2007

I think my moving soon is cramping my dating style...

Just as I am feeling all distraught – okay, that’s too strong a word – disappointed, that’s better, about NSFH, I wind up in a flirty text message exchange with JG from New York. I’m heading back to NY, but, unfortunately, JG is out of town the weekend I will be there. I told him I would need to come back out then, and he agreed. This is clearly a physical thing, but he fits the role perfectly.

NSFH sent an e-mail that got me all emotionally tied-up in him again. He was talking about us getting together soon. He wants to know how my move will fit in with his plans to be in my area. It looks like we will cross paths. I don’t know if I should just not see him because I will get all attached and stuff. But then, I’ll be disappointed if I miss the chance to see him.

I am hoping to see JJ again this weekend. He’s so random, though, it’s hard to tell if he wants to get together or not. We had some nice conversations last week during the week, but this week I’ve been too busy at work to really talk to him.

There are a couple of other interesting guys on match that I’m up for meeting (tired of going through the same four right now), but it is getting difficult to meet people considering I am going to move in a few months. The problem is, I don’t want to wait until I move to meet new guys. I want to date and have fun now while killing time before my move. Perhaps I’ll meet some new guys in NY when I am there next month.

As I am writing this I just got a text message from JG – not to be confused with JG from NY – JG is a guy I met in Chicago. I’ll refer to him as Chicago JG from now on. He and I had a lot of fun over the holidays, but I haven’t seen him since then. He’s very young – 24 – which is too young for me. He’s fun, though, and was the first guy I slept with without intentions of wanting to date him seriously – a.k.a. the first guy after I hung out with NSFH in California (but before NSFH became distant and weird). I like to drunk dial him and he does the same to me – he’s very entertaining after he’s been drinking.

No comments: