Sunday, February 11, 2007

I swore I would never date another doctor...

...but then I realized that would be totally unfair to all the potential doctor dates out there. And now I realize it is also a good thing I didn't keep up my end of that promise. I went out with JJ again last night and had a blast. Yes, he's a doctor, but he's not crazy (or at least doesn't show any signs at this point) like the infamous ex. He took me to a hockey game and I had a blast. He reminds me a lot of my friend G, who some of you might remember I used to have a huge crush on. What I have always loved about G is how he talks to anyone about anything. He makes friends with people in stores, on the subway, in a restaurant, etc. Sometimes he crashes and burns, but usually he makes people laugh. JJ is kind of the same way. I was sorta thinking he might be ADD or ADHD and now that I think of it, G is ADHD and unmedicated, which explains his random verbal outbursts and inability to stay one topic for more than three minutes. JJ is pretty much the same way, which is actually pretty fun.

He started out the date by telling a story about his afternoon workout and encountering old naked men in the sauna at the gym. "And I walk in and there is this cock that's eye-level. Wait. Can I say cock on a second date?"

Me: "You already did, so I guess it's okay. Actually, it's fine."

JJ: "Okay, good, it didn't seem like you would mind."

We had a lot of laughs people watching and making out in a parking garage. Yes, a parking garage. Hey, it was cold outside.

The thing I realized on this date was that it had what some of the other ones were missing. When our arms touched at the hockey game I was all giddy thinking he might be interested (I wasn't sure at that point). I want to see him again...I really want to see him again soon. I just haven't felt that way about my other dates. I just didn't realize it because I did have fun on those dates and the guys are good-looking and interesting.

CJ is becoming more stalkerish. I didn't return a text message and he seemed testy. I was at work and pretty dang busy today shopping and working out. Hello, don't freak out if you don't hear from me for 24 hours. Reminds me of a certain crazy ex.

No comments: