Thursday, February 8, 2007

Okay, so I lied...

I'm not totally okay with nothing happening with NSFH. I mean, I'm certainly much more comfortable with it than I was before, but I still want something more. He sent an e-mail (yes, apparently he does remember how to do that) to a bunch of people about getting a dog. In this e-mail, he discussed when the dog will go to obedience school -- a couple months out. This, of course, leads to the question, will he be coming back into town anytime within the next couple of months for work, like he said he would. I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't, but still, I wonder. Plus, I am supposed to go out there a couple times in the next few months and wonder if he'll want to see me. Can I stay with him? I dunno....

The good news is I only obsessed about this for maybe a grand total of 30 minutes today. That is a vast improvement, thanks, of course, to JG. Instead, I find myself thinking of JG and finding more guys like him. I am also preoccupied with waiting to hear from grad schools, so that also takes my mind away from NSFH. Plus, I decided NSFH is great, but we're not a perfect match. I am not sure what I was thinking at first. We are a good match, maybe a great match, but not the kind of match that winds up married.

I found a new guy on match.com. Or, rather, he found me and sent an e-mail. I have to say his profile was by far the funniest one I have ever read on that site, and one of the funniest pieces of writing I have read in a while. I'm excited to see if he and I can get together. Of course, the other part of me thinks, "He's from the Midwest. I don't like Midwest guys. He's also in my time zone -- a definite strike." That's not because I don't want to date people in my time zone -- it's just they don't seem like my kind of people. I never had this problem before. When the heck did I develop this phobia/dislike/lack of serious attraction to any guy in this area?

No comments: